Friday, April 3, 2009

A Day at Texas Motor Speedway!

We just arrived back from Texas Motor Speedway. We had seats on the start finish line 8 rows up! We caught the tail end of practice and boy was it fun to watch 4&5 on the track at the same time. I can't even imagine watching 43 cars running at 200 mph all at the same time. Maybe next visit. I went down to get a picture with the guy who lets people on and off the track between the stands and the infield. Roger took my picture with him and then he took our picture against the fence. I told him we were here from MN and he asked if we would like our picture taken with the 2 official NASCAR flagmen. Rick and Rodney. And we did! They were very nice. NASCAR officials travel on the NASCAR circuit. We also saw Rick and Rodney (the flagmen) tape a TV ad for SPEED Channel. I can't wait to see it on TV. It was such a fun day. I hope I called people who wanted to hear the cars going around the track. If I missed anyone I apologize. We did see Bobby LaBonte, Kevin Harvick and Ryan Newman as we were walking through all the drivers semi's. I took a lot of pictures and video. Tomorrow, on our last day, will be spent at a huge flea market! Can't wait to find treasures! Well time to put more aloe on Roger's face as he is really sunburned! Until tomorrow. Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment